This past month has been spent out here
in the west. My parents and I and a few other people from our church
have been working at a church in New Mexico on various projects. I've
worked with this church and some of the people in it for the past
couple of years with BPS and it's always a joy to be out here and
able to help with their ministry to reach the Navajo's. Things are
going well and we'll start to wind down and head home in a few days.
Thankful for friendships across the miles and like minded churches
working towards the same goal!
ACCOMPLISHED>> Lots and lots of
cleaning and organizing for the church and ranch here in New Mexico.
We've just about transformed the whole upstairs of the church!
TRIED>> climbing my first
mountain in New Mexico. This wasn't your typical mountain. It was a
small mountain, but it was basically straight up and all soft
surface. It was a 4 point hike, but we managed to do it. About 20
minutes to the top... and an hour or more down only because it was
dark out.
LEARNED>> Well, this isn't
anything new, but each day I do Scripture writing with my devotions.
This month I spent the whole month writing out verses on prayer. It
really just opened my eyes again to what a privilege it is that we
have to be able to come boldly to God's throne!
READ>> Different By Design by
Cary Schmidt. This is a really good book. Geared more towards
teenagers, but still really good points about living the christian
life. I also read What is Modesty by Michelle Brock. This is one of
the best books I've ever read on modesty! She really approached the
topic in a way that I think is so important, dealing first with the
heart.
LOVED>> Working with Pastor
Chitty and being under his preaching. He's from the south, served in
the vietnam war, won purple hearts, and now he's been out here for
40+ years serving the Lord. He's got such a tremendous testimony and
such a heart for the Lord... oh and he's got a thing for picking on
me... but I like it ;)
GONE>> Shenandoah, VA for a
little getaway with my dear friend. We stayed in a quaint little
cabin, ate good food, hiked a lot, and most importantly sat on our
rocking chairs on the back porch and talked and talked and talked
some more. After that trip we packed up and headed to New Mexico
where we arrived on the the 12th of October. We've also
made two day trips to Colorado and visited Ouray and Silverton.
PLANNED>> a trip to Missouri
right after Christmas... if we can get all the details worked out.
CREATED>> If making food is an
art, then I've created a lot of pies, and cookies, and brownies, and
meals. You can be the judge of whether that's art of not.
PHOTOGRAPHED>> I had one family
mini session the day before we left. Other than that just pictures of
mountains, stars, sunrises, and sunsets.
STARTED>> making lists for
Christmas present ideas... is it really already this time of the
year?
LOOKING AHEAD>> NOVEMBER
+ put up the photoshoots that I've
fallen behind in posting
+ start Christmas shopping
+ catch up with the people I've been
away from the past few weeks
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is a pleasure to hear from you!!