I think April was the fastest month this year! I spent all but a
week of this month in Texas with my sister, brother-in-law, and
nephew. While I was down there I was able to participate in a
missions trip, make some new memories, and step back from everything
for a bit. I'm thankful for that time + for the things I learned
while away. I hope April was month of growth for all of us, because
each day should be!! Here's April in a nutshell, friends. Happy May!
ACCOMPLISHED >> A New Years Goal! Yay! Does anyone else get
SUPER happy to check things off their goal list? One of my goals for
this year was to go on a missions trip + I was able to participate in
the Juarez Project at the beginning of this month. Distributing John
+ Romans, working with the Mexican pastors + churches, and being on
that Mexico soil will never get old to me. Part of my heart is
definitely down in that land.
TRIED >> Scripture Writing. My bestie recommended that I
try it out + I was hesitant at first, but since I've started doing
it, I've loved it so much. It helps me slow down and really thinking
about a specific passage.
LEARNED >> (+ still learning) that life leads us to
unexpected places that can either ruin us or change us. It's about
perspective + reliance. Some of the things I've faced in the past few
months have been life changing + plan-shattering, yet I wouldn't
change them because they gave me special opportunities to grow.
READ >> I actually didn't read a whole book this month, I
was close, but not quite. Although I did read Green Eggs and Ham and
several other children's books to my nephew a few million times so
maybe that counts? ;) I also read The Magnolia Journal from cover to
cover- surprise... so I did do some reading.
LOVED >> time with family. The ones in Texas, the ones an
hour away from home, and the ones right down the hall. I couldn't ask
for a better family + the older I get the more I just love them.
GONE >> Texas + Mexico. As mentioned above. What I didn't
mention above was that we took my sister to WACO for a surprise
birthday trip!! We didn't see Chip + Jo, but it was still pretty
neat. I will hopefully have a post up about that soon.
PLANNED >> All the details haven't been finalized yet, but
there are two short trips in the works for this month that I'm really
looking forward to!
CREATED >> Some Easter/Spring signs with my sister, a sign
for the coming niece with my sister, a teepee for the nephew, and a
pallet sign that says “sweet tea served here.”
PHOTOGRAPHED >> I was able to do a maternity/family
sessions of my sister + her little family, a themed photo shoot of my
nephew (ADORABLE), formal senior pictures for my brother + his
friend, and an engagement session amongst the blooming cherry trees.
And I only have one of those sessions left to edit- yay me!! I'm
realizing more + more how passionate I am about photography. I just
love it so much!!... if you need a photographer for something let me
know. I'd be more than happy to capture some moments for you!!
STARTED >> eating healthier. Crazy, I know. My mom has
changed some of her diet + so I'm trying to be more aware of mine as
well. Lots of salads + greens have been on the menu + honestly it's
not been so bad.
LOOKING AHEAD >> IN MAY.
+ schedule two more photo shoots that I have lined up
+ have a goal evaluation with my good friend
+ do some “spring cleaning” in my personal life
+ less screen time + more memory making time
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is a pleasure to hear from you!!