Thursday, November 3, 2016
life lately.
I'm still here though it looks like I've left this place for good! As you can tell from the pictures above, I've been enjoying this beautiful fall season, but there's so much more I've been up to! Let me catch you all up!
Living → Home... but a new home since last I wrote. My family and I moved a few miles down the road in to an old farm house that gets just the best sunsets, the most beautiful scenery, and cows.
Reading → One Thousand Gifts. Challenging myself to be grateful always.
Watching → The Waltons. The Waltons are like family, right sisters?
Cooking → Pies. It's pie season. Hooray! Who doesn't love a good pie?
Doing → Work, Teaching, Blogging.
Going → Nearby. Errands, my sisters, my grandmas...
Loving → Diego. This week marks six months engaged and seven months til the wedding! I'm so thankful for this man of mine.
Discovering → Power in words. Common knowledge, right? But I am trying to be more careful about what I say, when I say it, how I say it, etc. AND trying to realize I have the power to uplift, encourage, strengthen the soul.
Pinning → The Usual. Wedding stuff, house stuff, recipes.
Feeling → Blessed. Life is hectic and crazy- really you should see all the lists of things I need to do, BUT in the midst of it all I can sit back for a minute and look at all the gifts that are around me.
Celebrating → Holidays. Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year are all right around the corner and I AM SO EXCITED!!!!
Thanking → My Parents. I'm learning more and more that we had such an unusual upbringing compared to most- one that challenged us to go, serve, and do what the Lord wanted us to do without holding us back.
Missing → The Old Days. But when do I not?
Finishing → A Quilt. I started a quilt when I was an early teenager telling myself I would be done before I go married... I worked on it some and then it got thrown in a bin. But now I'm like--- EEEK! If I'm gonna meet my goal I better get to work because wedding day is coming fast! Needless to say I finished up the top now it just needs all put together and quilted.
Photographing → Sunrise. Sunset. Every morning on my way to work I watch God paint the sky and most evenings I get to watch Him paint it again! So beautiful! As far as real sessions, I sadly only have about one or two lined up right now. I still have hope that I'll get more ;)
Planning → WA trip. I am hoping to get out to see my friend in Washington before we get married!
I really do apologize for the lack of posting or warning. It looks like I've abandoned this place. Nevertheless I haven't, since moving we have not had internet and on top of that I started working full time so I'm trying to fit everything in and get in a good routine. Life has been good though, real good. I am up to three violin students now and it is so fun watching them learn- also challenging to myself to be the best teacher I can be. My man and I moved our wedding date up by three whole months (three cheers for being married sooner!) and have moved the location too ! I'm really trying to challenge myself to go out of my way for others too. One of those ways has been by trying to write a “Thinking of You” card to someone the Lord has laid on my heart every week. Amidst all of this craziness my parents were away, I was teaching Jr. Church, battling sicknesss, and so on, but life has been good! I hope you all are basking in His goodness, friend. We have so much to thank Him for. So much to praise Him for!
Erin Rae
Labels:
{Currently},
Fall
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can't figure out how the Waltons never gets old but I can't watch it enough! I've been missing the old days too lately.
ReplyDeleteAmen to the Waltons! And why can I not remember this quilt? Are you gonna machine quilt or hand?
ReplyDelete