Tuesday, September 13, 2016

summers ending...

It's hard to believe summer is practically over. It feels as though it came like a whirlwind- fast, full, and ending quickly... but that's life isn't it? So many things have happened in the past 4 months it's almost all hard to believe.


My family and I just got back from a SPLENDID trip to the rockies. Our home. So many memories, pictures, and stories. They'll be shared another day. Family is a sweet thing you know? The older I get the more I cherish them and our times all together. I'm not sure there is anything worse than growing up and having to say farewell to our best friends as we all move in separate directions. 






With fall coming, I have so many ideas, and thoughts, and goals, and plans.
One of those goals is pictured above. While in Colorado I picked up all of these L.M. Montgomery books for $5! Now they're on my fall reading list. I know I won't get to all of them, but I'd like to read as many as I can. Then there's
- the summer series [ a whole series coming to this blog, jam-packed with pictures, stories, and memories from the summer of 2016]
- photoshoots [fall is a busy season for photographers- and just so you all know I am scheduling sessions now :) ]
- less travel, more work [I don't think it is safe for me to say there will be no trips this fall, because there always seems to be a few that pop-up, but I won't be gallivanting as much]
- teaching [I have a month of jr. church coming up, full time Master clubs, and two new violin students!]
- planning [wedding plans, trip plans, and just monthly plans!]

So much is going on! I used to think that the summer was the only time for busy-ness, but the older I get the more I understand that life is busy all the time... and I'm ok with that!





Diego and I are to the point of "by this time next year we'll be husband and wife!" ! In 359 days we'll step back on the Colorado soil and say "I Do"! I'm beginning to really start working on wedding planning and also trying to enjoy this last year at home with my family!



























So much has been going on and so much is coming, but as I sit here at my desk in front of the window with the breeze blowing in the idea of fall, the light flickering on my clicking keys, and some calm "Anne" music playing, I am reminded again to cherish. These last days of summer. I won't ever get these lovely days back, so why should I whisk them away?

What have you been cherishing lately?

Erin Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is a pleasure to hear from you!!