Friday, July 1, 2016

{the story of us} part IV

pc: mrs. olivia lynn 
This is the last post about our story until I share about our engagement! Be sure to read all four parts about our story before next week!

On August 17, 2015, while I was at an amusement park with family and friends I received a text that read as follows:


Hey "Erin." It's "Diego." 


From that point on we began to text very long texts back and forth. Mainly sharing Bible verses and talking about school. We continued to text throughout the fall months keeping the subjects very light and impersonal. 


One day near the end of fall about mid-week he asked me where I saw myself in 5 years. I don't remember what I told him, but I do remember what he told me...


"uhhhh. I hope you don't find this weird, but in five years I see myself with you."


By that weekend he asked me how I felt about him talking to my dad about us starting a relationship together. 


The day after Thanksgiving he called my dad and asked if we could start dating. I'm not exactly sure what all that conversation was like because I was at work, but I suppose it went well because my dad asked him to come in so we could all talk in person. 


By that Sunday night we booked a plane ticket for Diego to come in on the following Saturday.


During his trip we did a lot of talking and getting to know each other better. We took him on some of our annual Christmas traditions and packed in as much stuff as the weekend could hold. 


Tuesday morning came and we took him back to the airport, where my dad shook his hand and told him


"Have a good life." 

Thankfully he also happened to tell him before he left that we could continue pursuing a relationship. December 8, 2015 was the day we became official. 


From that point on we began talking on the phone for looooooooong periods of time. Really getting to know each other and talking about long term plans. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I know all about those "loooooong" phone calls--thankful for technology over the miles! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is a pleasure to hear from you!!