The thursday before my graduation my family had a little surprise planned for me...
I am not an easy person to surprise because I normally find out about them somehow. Apparently my brain was too graduation focused this time though...
Let's take a minute and rewind here. I had been talking to my sister in Texas for a couple months about how much I wanted her to be at my graduation.
again and again I reminded her.
and again and again she reminded me that she couldn't.
to say I was disappointed is an understatement. I got to the point where I just stopped talking to her altogether about graduation.
Ok, no fast forward back to that Thursday.
It's early afternoon and I'm texting my friend out west telling her how she needs to just hop on a plane and come for my graduation. We joke around about it and I mention how someone's probably going to surprise me...
I was kidding.
Later on that day I'm seated on the couch in our living room. I've just had a very interesting photo shoot with myself, a globe, and other random objects, leaving my room a wreck. Now here I sit working on photography stuff on the computer...talking with my mom who's in the kitchen.
I hear my dad come home and talk to my mom like he normally does.
Then I hear something strange. Another woman.
She asks what's for supper.
Ok before my brain had time to register who the other woman was, it had time to register:
"why in the world is there another woman with dad?!?!"
{don't ask why I thought this, because I have no clue why I did}
It's then I realize who it is...
AND...
I'll just let you watch the video :)
Apparently my sisters had been planning this one out together and Anna pitched in to help cover the cost of the ticket. It was definitely the best graduation present I could have asked for!
**disclaimer= don't mind the work clothes both my mom and I are wearing, the weird wallpaper on the walls, the messy desk, or my crazy hair. Sometimes life just happens :)
So cool!! :) Wish I could have been there!!
ReplyDeleteYay!!! We got you! Now we must figure out how to get Anna and Si...hehehe
ReplyDelete