April was a lovely month in some of the most simple ways… the long winter finally ended, flowers began blooming, and a lot of it was just spent at home.
ACCOMPLISHED>> I booked a plane ticket to Missouri (for $5, mind you… HELLOOOO frequent flyer miles!) and set up the plans for the trip! I can’t wait!
TRIED>> I believe it was this month that I discovered the most wonderful homemade chai concentrate. I’ll just drop the link to the recipe right here…
READ>> I allllmost finished a book in April, but not quite. Still two chapters left. I had to take a big test and so much of my “reading time” was spent studying instead.
LOVED>> Watching God work in the heart of people around me… specifically in my church. He has been answering very specific prayers and has just been working in some big ways in my church. I’ve loved watching His hand work in my life and in the lives of those around me. I can’t wait to see what He’s going to do next!
GONE>> NYC… My parents and two guys from church were in Greenland for a good portion of the month, so when they flew home one of the moms whose son was in Greenland and I took it upon ourselves to go pick them up at the airport… and since we were soooo close to the Statue of Liberty we decided to make a pit stop before picking them up and say hi to Lady Liberty. I’d never been there before so it was a really neat experience!
LEARNED>> I can limit God’s work. The one who SPOKE creation into existence can be limited by me! What a powerful thought!
PLANNED>> not too much this month. Just some things we’re going to do when I’m in MO and some other little things I want to do with some people this summer.
THRIFTED>> A milk glass vase… it was rather important to me to have one of these. My grandma always had a milk glass vase full of fresh picked daffodils on her table in the spring and that’s a tradition that I definitely think is worth carrying on.
CREATED>> I (with the help of my brother in law. Thanks, Matt) created a picture type thing as a gift to my parents. They’ve been looking for some items to add to their missions display table, so I did a flat lay of dad’s tools and photographed them. Then I did some graphic designing and added a quote to the picture…printed it and added it to a wood block (this is where Matt came in). Other than that not too much crafting.
PHOTOGRAPHED>> Two senior girl sessions that I hope to get up here soon!
LOOKING AHEAD>> May
+ enjoy my time in Missouri
+ complete 3 photoshoots
+ savor this month no matter how busy it is (this is my favorite month!)
+ work in the garden
+pray more
Happy May, friends!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is a pleasure to hear from you!!