Friday, July 7, 2017

Current Events >> JUNE

When I made plans for my 2017 June, 8 months ago, it was to be the month I was wed. Eight months, lots of tears, a book full of lessons learned, and boat loads of grace later, I can look back and say that I wouldn't have changed the way June 2017 turned out one bit. If you'd like to hear the story behind the last 8 months of my life, feel free to leave a comment, I'd be happy to share. Here's to a month of celebrating the beauty of shattered plans.





ACCOMPLISHED >> buying a new camera lens! FINALLY. I had been wanting to do that for so long. Just another step in the right direction towards creating a business.


TRIED >> well, normally I'd put a recipe or something in here, but I'm going to change it up and do something a little different. This month I tried out being a camp counselor. And it was a joy and a challenge all at once. It was my first time counseling and I was with 17 jr. girls, so it had it's challenges at times. However being able to sit back and think over the past 12 years of my life when I was a camper at this very same camp and recall all the decisions and life changing decisions I made at that place and the discussions I had with counselors over the years, puts things into a very humbling perspective. On top of that, at the very end of the week, I watched a girl in my cabin hand write a note to her mom telling her that she had gotten saved at camp. All the late nights, early mornings, crazy campers, and crazy schedule was so worth it.


LEARNED >> things don't always go the way we planned or the way we wished that they would go, but they always turn out better than we can think or imagine.


READ >> I'm not a very big reader in the summer. There's too many weeds to pull, pictures to take, people to laugh with, and too much water to play in. I did start two books this month though, so I didn't give it up all together.


LOVED >> Being able to catch up with my dear friend, Meagan over lunch. She lives out in Minnesota, but she was in town, so we had a few hours to chat and catch up. She's a gem!


GONE >> Rhode Island. For my mom's (belated) birthday trip, her and I went to Rhode Island for the first weekend of the month. I'm so glad for the time we had to walk on the beach, talk, watch the sunset, laugh together, tour mansions, and adventure together, even if it was too short. Rhode Island is a pretty little place. Especially at sunset.


PLANNED >> A few trips in the fall. Details are still being worked on, so I'll save them for later ;)


CREATED >> I made a cute little home state map for my friend. I was so tempted to keep it for myself, even if it was the state of Washington!


PHOTOGRAPHED >> An engagement shoot. I had taken pictures of my friend and her fiance back in April, but the shoot was rushed and we wanted to do more in a different location, we finally got our schedules to work this month, and I love the pictures we got out in the cornfields as the sun was setting!
Related Post: Ethan + Erin [eastern state engagement shoot]


STARTED >> Branding. I bought myself a notebook and started writing down all the details for my business. I still have a lot to do, but it felt really good getting this started!


LOOKING AHEAD >> in JULY.
+ at least 2 photo shoots this month
+ more branding
+ finalize some trip plans
+ spend less time on social media


1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is a pleasure to hear from you!!