Sunday, August 23, 2015

Olivia & Baby [southwest lifestyle photography]

What makes life beautiful? Is it the fancy dinners, the nice cars, the expensive luxuries, or the perfect always-in-order home?



No, what makes life beautiful is the simple things we so often pass by everyday. The way the sun shines on the table, the sounds the cicadas make at night, the way the dew lays on the grass, the steam rolling off the early morning coffee, the always perfect sunrises, the aprons dirtied by their use, the wildflowers blooming in the fields, and so much more. I enjoy taking pictures but some of my favorite pictures I take are the ones that are just about every day life. The things so often overlooked. The things that make life beautiful. I recently did a lifestyle shoot with my sister while in Texas. She made an apple pie while I snapped pictures from all angles- including standing on the table!  It was so fun catching the simplicity of her life. You'll also notice her baby bump, this was her version of a maternity session. Enjoy the pictures and take time to enjoy the beautiful things in life going on around you!
























4 comments:

  1. Love the thought of capturing everyday shots! :) I want to remember the ordinary (which, with the Lord, is never really truly ordinary) as much as the special events. Our lives are really one colorful mosaic!

    Blessings,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is a pleasure to hear from you!!