My mom and I went yard saling and thrift shopping last weekend. I picked up a few things for myself,and some stuff for other people.
| {collection of things I got} |
Notice the two books by James Stewart. I have a friend who likes his books, so I picked them up for him.
I didn't really look that much into them when I first found them and bought them,but when I came home and started looking at them,I noticed something hidden in the one book...
It was a letter from Mr. James S. Stewart himself,the author of these books.
It was sent on December 16th,1948...
from the University of Edinburgh where he was taking courses...
| {I did enjoy the old words like "cordially" } |
It was definitely not something I was expecting to find in a book that I picked up from a yard sale for a few cents,but it was definitely interesting! You never know what you'll find at a yard sale!!
**to my sisters...I am saving the letter until you can look at it before I give it to the person for whom I bought these books.
Wow...that is so cool! What else did you get? I can't tell from the picture.
ReplyDelete